This holiday season, one question I was frequently asked by my family and friends, which I thought it would be good to share with you, my readers-“How to grow my hair long?”
There are many ways one can grow their hair using vitamins, chemicals, and/or artificial aspects, but I would like to share some natural ways to grow your hair long for both men and women.
- Healthy Diet–Our body works on what we consume and drink, it is extremely important to understand that. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables, drinking enough water can provide necessary nutritious for the body.
- Exercise-Since our hair grows directly from our body, we have to take care or treat well.
- Trim Regularly-It is important to understand our hair grows bad really fast and getting rid of split ends and other dead hair is important for new healthy hair to grow.
- For Dry Hair use Moisturize Products– I personally use hair oil to moisurize my hair, but one can find variety of products in hair aisle.
- Don’t overwork-Don’t touch your hair frequently and/or brush/comb too much, otherwise it creates hair breakage.
- Take Care of Hair-Don’t use too much heat, chemicals, or other such products in your hair. Mixing unnecessary products in your hair may and can create hair damage and breakage.
- Use Warm Water-Don’t use hot water to wash your hair, instead go for warm water and to condition use cool/cold water.
- Don’t Stress-If one worries/stresses a lot, it creates our body to overwork and that can damage hair as well.
Hope this helps, because I use them and it has helped me and many others. Good Luck!
Bleaching your hair most likely will cause some kind of damage, especially if you are bleaching your hair at home and not in salon. Severe damage to the cuticle; specifically designed to protect the cortex (place on our scalp where our natural hair color rests), may result from over bleaching. This can cause our hair to be lifeless, stiff, and extremely dry. Worst case the hair breakage can and may occur from the root area.
Here are few steps to take to repair the damage done to your hair by bleach:
- Limit the number shampoo use on weekly-it provides time to accumulate natural hair oils.
- Use moisturizing shampoo-this can give your hair the necessary oils to the hair.
- Use warm water and NOT hot water-damaged hair needs natural hair oils, hot water tends to burn the necessary oils.
- Apply conditioner especially if it is specifically designed for treating damaged hair.
- Leaving the conditioner on your hair for at least 20-30 minutes-this provides the necessary oils to react.
- Final rinse should always be with cool/cold water-it seals newly moisture back into our scalp.
- Avoid using any kind of hot styling/drying tools-damaged hair does not need heat but cool, air dry your air.
- Change your diet, if necessary to include oils such as olive and/or vegetable oils.
- Use combs for brushing your hair not hair brush until the hair is completely repaired, also don’t comb/brush your hair while it is wet, it cause breakage.
- Don’t add any more chemicals to damaged hair, it can cause additional damage.
- Drink tons of water and don’t take too much stress.
- If the damage does not improve after a month or you can allergy reaction, please contact your professional hair salon.