Treating dry skin is extremely important and here are few ideas how to do that:
- Skip hot long showers- hot water can strip the oils from the skin faster than warm water. Limit yourself to a single 5-7 minute warm shower/bath
- Use gentle cleanser/shower gel that has a moisturizer- it is better to go for a mild soap or unscented soap
- Add moisturize while your skin is still wet. applying a moisturizer within few minutes out of shower/bath can help your skin
- Apply sunscreen to all of the areas of the body that are exposed to the sun, regardless of the weather. I mean even if it is cloudy, rainy, winter, or whatever, apply sunscreen.
- Look for a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or more
- Use a humidifier at home- it can and may help keep skin hydrated indoor, especially during long winter months
- Try to adapt to wear cotton and/or other natural fibers. Stay far from wool or other scratchy fabrics.
- My all time fav- drinking plenty of water
- Go for foods rich in omega-3 include but not limited to fish (salmon, halibut, sardines), walnuts, and safflower oil